OK, I know that pictures of cows aren't really very interesting. But, what makes these cows unusual is that they are grazing on our front field. The past month or so has been quite dry locally. The grass has turned brown, tree's are looking very wilted, etc. The surrounding counties have all had rain, but it always has seemed to miss us.

Our neighbor runs cattle and he asked about using the front pasture to let his cattle have something to eat, since his fields were grazedd out. We agreed, so we've got cattle in the front pasture.
The good news is that we've finally had some rain, and things are greening up. Hopefully, the mini-drought is over.

The sunflower pictures are from our sunflower patch.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Although I've been thinking and writing as "freshman mom", I guess that technically, I'm now the mom of a sophmore as my daugher has just completed her freshman year at the University of Florida (studying mechanical/biomedical engineering).

Followers