In an earlier blog, I discussed my some of my feelings about Jenn being gone for the summer. But I think today was the day that I missed her the most so far.

Today was the opening of the World Cup Soccer tournament in South Africa. And, I know if she was here, we’d have watched that game together as well as many games throughout the tournament. (Along with the US team, Jenn likes to follow Portugal in particular, (which has something to do with the very cute Cristiano Ronaldo…) We always have a good time watching the multinational fans with their crazy costumes and wild hats. And of course, discussing and analyzing the various ref calls.

Jenn will have a tough time watching many games since there’s no TV at Paradise. I think she has to go into town to catch any of the games. Hopefully, she’ll be able to get time off to see the final.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Although I've been thinking and writing as "freshman mom", I guess that technically, I'm now the mom of a sophmore as my daugher has just completed her freshman year at the University of Florida (studying mechanical/biomedical engineering).

Followers