Imelda R. Marcos (the widow of former Philippine President Ferdinand Marcos) is often remembered for having over 3000 pairs of shoes. So, by now, you are wondering why I consider this significant or even interesting.

I’ve just gotten to the absolute bottom of the laundry pile, and found a few of Jenn’s T-shirts that got left behind. So, I folded them and went to put them in her room. I added them to the large pile of summer things that didn’t make the trip to Mt. Rainer. But, it seemed like there were an awful lot of T-shirts. Curiosity got the better of me, so I counted them – 78 T-shirts. Now, this is certainly a lot less than Imelda Marcos’s 3000 pairs of shoes, but realistically, Jenn has had much less time to develop her collection than Imelda.

I know Jenn will argue that a number of the shirts were “freebies.” The FL Alumni Associate provides Beat “Whoever” T-shirts to the first 2000 students for all home games. Jenn and her group stood in line in shifts to get the T.-shirts. So that accounts for 6 shirts in her collection.

Her collection also includes a lot of “high school” T-shirts, collected through the years, including numerous soccer T-shirts, Battle of the Bridge Shirts, etc. And, heaven forbid that she wear “high school shirts” in college. So, quite a number of new shirts were acquired pre-Florida last year. Anyway, I think in a few years, her collection of Tees will rival Imelda’s shoes!

PS - One More Thing to Worry About - I saw on the news yesterday about 9 tourists injured at Old Faithful due to a lightning strike, and I realized that I had not included lightning on my list of things to worry about (even though Jenn is no longer at Yellowstone).

1 comments:

Darn it, I should have taken more of those shirts with me

Post a Comment

About Me

Although I've been thinking and writing as "freshman mom", I guess that technically, I'm now the mom of a sophmore as my daugher has just completed her freshman year at the University of Florida (studying mechanical/biomedical engineering).

Followers