Jen left on her trip this morning. And, my feelings are quite mixed. On one hand, I'm sad to see her go - a week of time between college and the start of her trip just wasn't enough. This is our first summer apart and I'll miss having her around. And, I'll have no one to watch the World Cup Soccer games with this summer. But, I'm also quite jealous of her upcoming adventure. I can't begin to imagine all the sights and activities she'll experience while spending the summer at Mt. Rainer. However, I am glad to not have her laundry all over the place, her belongings scattered across 4 rooms, etc.

As all parents can attest, time is non-linear. It seems like just yesterday, we brought Jen home from the hospital (8 lb 6 oz, 22-in long). However, the first time they take the car out on their own seemed like an eternity. Hard to believe that Jen's nearly 20 and headed off across country. But, she's always been and independent sort - her first words were practically "ME DO IT!"

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Although I've been thinking and writing as "freshman mom", I guess that technically, I'm now the mom of a sophmore as my daugher has just completed her freshman year at the University of Florida (studying mechanical/biomedical engineering).

Followers